Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich
All of the flavours of buffalo chicken wings rolled up into a golden brown grilled cheese sandwich.
- 1/4 cup cooked shredded chicken, warm
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon mayo (optional)
- 1 tablespoon carrot, grated
- 1 tablespoon celery, sliced
- 1 tablespoon green or red onion, sliced or diced
- 1 tablespoon blue cheese, room temperature, crumbled
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, room temperature, grated
- 2 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- Mix the chicken, hot sauce, mayo, carrot, celery and onion in a small bowl.
- Butter the outside of each slice of bread, sprinkle half of the cheeses on the inside of one slice of bread, top with the buffalo chicken salad, the remaining cheese and finally the other slice of bread.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add the sandwich and grill until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Ingredients (this makes enough for 4 pancakes as shown above).
1/2 cup all purpose flour (or bread flour)
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder (be generous now)
1 Extra large egg
1/2 cup of water/milk or liquid (good eye visitors!) – a lot of people have been posting that it makes for some runny pancakes – try cutting it down to 3/8ths of the cup if that is the case. I personally have no probs with 1/2 cup.
Salt (a pinch)
Sugar (as much as you want. helloooo diabetes)
Vanilla Extract (optional) – be generous. Vanilla is tasty
Cinnamon (optional) – if it’s from a shaker, give it a couple of shakes
So the base recipe for this is quite simple. Mix all the ingredients together and whisk until smooth. The purists here will tell you to fold it so that the bubbles stay, but I says the heat from the pan will activate the baking powder and give you fluffy pancakes regardless.
Use a large ladle to scoop out about a fourth of the mixture into a greased pan (butter, oil, etc) on low heat. Timing will vary for the flipping, but to help you out with that, you can look at the edges of the pancake and if they look like they’ve formed nicely, then it is probably time to flip the pancakes.
Serve with a dash of butter, a dollop of whipped cream, fresh fruits or anything else you please.
If you’re worried about things like glycemic indexes, you can try the recipe with 1/4 cup of oatmeal and 1/4 cup of flour. Be creative!
- 1 (5 oz.) can white tuna in water, drained, flaked
- 1/2 cup rinsed and drained canned navy or cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup diced, well-drained bottled roasted red peppers or pimientos
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. chopped basil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 small ciabatta or soft Italian rolls, split, lightly toasted if desired
- 1 cup packed baby spinach leaves
- 6 slices Sargento® Ultra Thin® Provolone Cheese Slices
- Combine tuna, beans, red peppers, olive oil, basil and lemon juice in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Layer bottom of each roll with 1/3 cup spinach, 1/2 cup tuna mixture and 2 slices cheese; close sandwiches with roll tops.