Lemon Yogurt Pound Cake
1 hour 25 mins
Bright lemon. tangy yogurt and lots of butter give this lemon yogurt pound cake the richest crumb.
Author: Amy Richardson – Cabot Creamery Cookbook
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 8-10 slices
For the cake
- 3 cups or 600g granulated sugar
- 1 cup or 227g unsalted butter, softened, plus more for buttering the pan
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest (from about 3 to 4 medium lemons)
- ¼ cup or 60ml fresh lemon juice
- 6 large eggs
- 2½ cups or 312g all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting the pan
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup or 245g Greek yogurt
For the glaze
- ¾ cup or 95g powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325°F or 163°C.
- Lightly butter and flour a 12-cup bundt pan; chill.
- Beat together the granulated sugar, butter, and lemon zest at medium speed with an electric mixer 4 to 5 minutes or until fluffy.
- Add the lemon juice; beat until blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Add to butter mixture alternately with yogurt, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 1 hour.
- Transfer cake to a plate, and cool completely (about 1 hour).
For the glaze
- Whisk together powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons lemon juice until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over cake.